Writing Help Is Here!!!
Marco Funez shares how Cultivate the Writer courses offered through programs at his university helped him "find ways to improve as a scholar" before he started his PhD program.
What Can You Expect to Learn?
This course teaches you how to:
- Organize your ideas
- Get ideas out of your head clearly and onto paper/computer
- Write a strong draft
- Revise your writing well
- Come up with a consistent approach to writing
- Meet faculty writing expectations
- Read critically
Detailed Topics in This Course!
Meet Your Course Instructor
I am Dr. Vernetta K. Mosley, but I go by Dr. V.
This course is especially dear to me because it gives me the opportunity to prepare masters and doctoral students for their graduate programs.
As an editor and writing coach, I work with countless late-stage graduate students and faculty members who never learned the writing skills they needed early on, so they are paying for it now...literally!
If you don't consider yourself a writer, this course is perfect for you because I delve into the foundational skills you need to write well.
Let me equip you with a graduate school writing starter kit. If you want to add more tools, check out my other courses.
Here is my education:
- BA, Journalism and Mass Communication, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- MA, English, North Carolina A&T State University
- PhD, English University of South Florida